Township of La Morra, Frazione Santa Maria – 2.56 ha - Menzione Geografica of Barolo
Bricco Chiesa is the historical production center of our winery, “the vineyard di casa.” It is a beautiful series of rows of regularly planted vineyards at the foot of the Santa Maria della Neve church, facing full south at 210 to 290 MASL. The soil is prevalently fine clay, with sand and calcium carbonate.
In 1928, when a well was hand-excavated 9 meters deep—at the highest point of the hill where today the road to La Morra is located—a beautiful fossil of a Tortonian fish was discovered. Today, it is displayed in our winery at the kind bequest of the F. Eusebio Museum in Alba.